The Arizona Department of Transportation advises motorists with plans to use State Route 143 this weekend to allow extra time and be ready to use detours while crews with the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project set up work zones and conduct utility work.
Southbound SR 143 will be closed between the Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) and I-10 from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, to 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug 14. The following ramps will also be closed:
- The ramps from Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound SR 143.
- The southbound SR 143 on-ramps at Washington Street, Sky Harbor Boulevard and University Drive.
Northbound SR 143 will be closed between I-10 and Washington Street from 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, to 4 a.m. Monday, Aug 15. The following ramps and local streets will also be closed:
- The westbound I-10 ramp to northbound SR 143.
- The northbound SR 143 on-ramp at University Drive.
- Northbound 48th Street between Broadway Road and I-10.
Drivers on eastbound I-10 will not be able to access northbound SR 143.
- Southbound SR 143 detour: Use westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to eastbound I-10 to access destinations south of the closure.
- Northbound SR 143 detour: Use westbound I-10 to eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to access destinations north of the closure.
Airport traffic: From westbound I-10, use eastbound Buckeye Road to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. East Valley drivers should use 44th Street to access the airport.