Girl Scout Cookie Season is in, and for dessert lovers in Phoenix that means more than just cookies: It also marks the return of the Girl Scout Cookie Challenge.
That’s right. The 4th Annual Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge is underway, with 22 restaurants throughout central and northern Arizona competing for the chance to be named the “Girl Scout Cookie Dessert Challenge Champion” with desserts ranging from Girl Scout Banana Cream Pie to Trefoil Cherry Cheesecake Gelato.
A portion of the proceeds from the challenge go to the Girl Scout program in Arizona.
Last year, Jada Shiya of Churn won the competition with her unique creation, the Trefoil Butter Swirl Ice Cream.
Check out these following restaurants that are offering their own original, innovative cookie desserts:
- Churn, 5223 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012. Designer: Jada Shiya. Assigned Cookie: Savannah Smiles. Dessert: Savannah Smiles Ice Cream.
- Chompie’s. This dessert is offered at their locations in Glendale, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, and Tempe. Designer: Neil Borenstein. Assigned Cookie: Thin Mints. Dessert: Thin Mint Cheesecake.
- Char Kitchen and Bar, 6107 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale AZ 85250. Designer: Peter and Pal Micakaj. Assigned Cookie: Thin Mints. Dessert: Chocolate Mousse with Thin Mint Crumble.
- Fresko Mediterranean Grill, 5033 E Elliot Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85044. Designer: Janna Harris. Assigned Cookie: Savahhan Smiles. Dessert: Melopita (Greek Honey Cake).
- The Henry, 4455 E Camelback Rd B100, Phoenix, AZ 85018. Designer: Lucia Alferez. Assigned Cookie: Samoas. Dessert: Samoa Doughnut.
If you want to check out the full list of restaurants participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Challenge, click here.
If you’re not interested in any of the creative desserts and you’re more excited about the cookies themselves, rest assured that Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, and Trefoils are back, along with the new S’mores cookie, in two version: a graham cookie dipped in crème icing and finished with a chocolate coating, or two graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling. If you can only eat gluten-free, the Toffee-tastics and Trios are available this year, as well.
To find a cookie both near you, just click here and enter your zip code.