Construction is set to begin on a sports and entertainment complex in Mesa that will have more than 100 courts for sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball and baseball with arenas for other activities and events.
Legacy Sports Park, a facility of more than 300 acres, is scheduled to open in January of 2022.
It is expected to create 1,500 jobs and attract more than 3 million visitors annually, the park operator said.
The complex will have outdoor facilities and an indoor building for sports and esports alike. Legacy Sports said in a press release that the complex would include:
- 8,000-seat multipurpose stadium.
- Twenty sand volleyball courts, including one stadium court.
- Six sand soccer fields.
- Eight baseball/softball fields, including a stadium.
- 50-acre special events area for concerts, festivals and events.
- Sixty-two volleyball courts including one multipurpose arena.
- Sixteen NBA-sized basketball courts with a multipurpose arena.
- 75,000-square-foot esports arena.
- 50,000-square-foot gymnastics, cheer, and dance center.
- Youth gym, child care center.
- 20,000-square-foot sports bar and restaurant.
The sports performance center will be directed by former Olympian, Dan O’Brien.
The site is expected to host family shows, exhibitions and conventions.
Chad Miller, CEO and president of Legacy Sports USA, said he thinks the facility will “transform the youth sports and family entertainment industry.”
“Legacy Park is not just a sports complex, but a true family entertainment center with dining options, athletic apparel shops, as well as venues for concerts and various artistic events,” Miller said in a statement. “A facility such as this is long overdue in the Arizona market.”
Click here to learn more.