The lights and sounds of the annual APS Electric Light Parade are returning this holiday season! Arizona Public Service (APS) and the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department would like to invite you to join us for a night of community and celebration. Entrants will interpret the theme of “It’s Electric!” and are sure to light up the streets of central Phoenix on Saturday, Dec. 2, with their visually stunning displays!
The 2.3 mi. parade route starts at Central Ave. and Montebello Ave., travels south to Central Ave. and Camelback Rd., heads east along Camelback Rd. to 7th St., and continues south along 7th St. to its conclusion at Indian School Rd. The first parade entries will begin at 7 p.m. and take approximately 60 minutes to reach the end. It is strongly recommended that attendees arrive several hours in advance of the start of the parade.
Helpful tips for those planning to attend this year’s parade:
- Consider taking Valley Metro Light Rail to the event to avoid traffic congestion. The parade route runs near the Light Rail stop at Central Ave., just south of Camelback Rd.
- The parade is a rain or shine event. Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
- Spectators are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs for seating.
- The Electric Light Parade is a rain or shine event.
- Crowds for this event have grown large in recent years and viewing spots along the parade route are first-come, first-served. Spectators often start arriving hours prior to parade time to reserve a spot.
- Parking is available on City streets around the parade route and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Private lots near the parade area often offer parking for a fee.
- Spectators should try to minimize and gather any trash and litter generated during the parade to ease post-event cleanup.
- Coolers are permitted, but alcohol and glass containers are prohibited.
- Road closures and restrictions affect all parade areas hours before the event; come early and expect delays.
- Check out the parade route at Phoenix Parks and Recreation – APS Electric Light Parade.
Parade Broadcast Schedule:
- Facebook Live: ABC15 will air the parade on Facebook Live on Dec. 2.
- ABC15 will broadcast the parade
- December 10, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- December 25, 6 a.m. – 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- December 25, on The CW from 12 – 1 p.m.
- (All times are subject to change)
- PHXTV will air the parade throughout the month of December.
- The parade will be available for view on the APS Electric Light Parade website.