A website that helps consumers compare rates for auto and home insurance has released a list of the cities with the rudest drivers.
An Arizona has made the list and it might surprise residents of our state.
Flagstaff was named the city in Arizona with the rudest drivers.
The good news is that Flagstaff wasn’t anywhere close to the top of the list nationally.
Insurify.com, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, defines rude driving as having one or more of the following infractions on your record:
- Failure to yield.
- Failure to stop.
- Improper backing.
- Passing where prohibited.
- Street racing.
These violations are disclosed when drivers apply for car insurance.
Insurify analyzed its database of over 4 million car insurance applications in 2021. Data scientists computed the number of drivers in 869 cities with one or more rude violations on their records.
According to Insurify, the cities with the highest shares of drivers with these violations were determined to be the cities with the rudest drivers. Flagstaff tops Insurify’s list for Arizona with 35 rude drivers per 1,000 motorists. Flagstaff drivers are 43% ruder than the state average, according to Insurify.
5 cities with the rudest drivers
- Rancho Cordova, California: 65.37 per 1,000.
- Citrus Heights, California: 64.14 per 1,000.
- Ventura, California: 64.03 per 1,000.
- Hampton, Georgia: 62.35 per 1,000.
- Petersburg, Virginia: 53.36 per 1,000.
5 cities with the most polite drivers
- Somerset, Kentucky: 1.62 per 1,000.
- Corbin, Kentucky: 1.86 per 1,000.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico: 3.8 per 1,000.
- Metairie, Louisiana: 17.94 per 1,000.
- Southaven, Mississippi: 19.3 per 1,000.