Christmas 2020 is over and that means many Arizona residents will be looking for a way to dispose of their Christmas tree.
Most of the state’s recycle locations say they will only accept live trees and wreaths, no plastic trees or wreaths.
All About Arizona News has compiled a list of details below that can help in disposing of your tree.
Phoenix Recycling Locations:
- Deer Valley Park – 19th Ave. and Utopia Rd.
- Paradise Valley Park – 40th St. south of Union Hills Dr.
- Sereno Park – 56th St. and Sweetwater Ave.
- Cactus Park – 38th Ave. and Cactus Rd.
- Mountain View Park – Seventh Ave. south of Peoria Ave.
- North Gateway Transfer Station – 30205 N. Black Canyon Hwy. (Dixileta exit)
- Marivue Park – 59th Ave. and Osborn Rd.
- Washington Park – 23rd Ave. and Maryland Ave.
- Madison Park – 16th St. and Glenrosa Ave.
- Los Olivos Park – 28th St. and Devonshire Ave.
- Desert West Park – 67th Ave. and Encanto Blvd.
- El Reposo Park – Seventh St. and Alta Vista Rd.
- Mountain Vista Park – 50th St. just north of Ray Rd.
- Desert Foothills Park – Desert Foothills and Chandler Blvd.
- Cesar Chavez Park – 35th Ave. and Baseline Rd.
- 27th Avenue Transfer Station – 3060 S. 27th Ave.
Other Locations, Dates and Times
A to Z Equipment Rentals and Sales – for Phoenix residents at 4050 E Indian School Road and 15634 N 32nd Street.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Saturday, Dec. 26 to Wednesday, Jan. 6
- Open until noon on New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31
- Closed on New Year’s Day, Friday, Jan. 1
* Trees accepted at no charge, but only one tree per household.
All trees must be free from decorations and tree stands. If you have any questions, contact customer service at 602-262-6251 or email at [email protected]. Or you can visit the city of Phoenix website here.
Recycle requirements per the city of Phoenix:
- Bring the tree & wreath unbagged.
- Remove all decorations, lights and tinsel.
- Remove the tree stand and all nails/metal stakes.
- Secure tree during transport. Tie it down with material that can be untied or cut easily.
- Only dispose of trees or wreaths in marked drop-off areas.
- Both transfer stations will accept up to two live trees from city of Phoenix residents. If residents wish to dispose of more than two, city of Phoenix customers with their city services bill and matching photo ID can use their one free load of up to 1 ton (2,000 pounds).
Chandler Recycling Locations until January 15, 2021
- Arrowhead Park 1475 W Erie Street
- Chuparosa Park 2400 S Dobson Road
- Desert Breeze park 660 N Desert Breeze Boulevard East
- Folley Park 601 E Frye Road
- Nozomi Park 250 S Kyrene Road
- Pima Park 625 N McQueen Road
- Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center 955 E Queen Creek Road
- Shawnee Park 1400 W Mesquite Street
- Snedigar Sportsplex Alma School Road Entrance
- Tumbleweed Park 745 E Germann Road
- Veterans Oasis Park 4050 E Chandler Heights Road
The City of Chandler will be offering curbside Christmas Tree collection Dec. 26, 2020 – Jan. 15, 2021. Curbside collection is available to Chandler residents paying for City-provided solid waste services. For curbside collection, please place the tree at the edge of the driveway (not in the street) before 6 a.m. on your scheduled recycling collection day. A separate collection truck will collect trees.
- Do not block the sidewalk for pedestrian use
- Do not place the tree in street or alleyways
- Do not place the tree in a recycling, trash or alley containers
- Do not place the tree in bags
- Do remove tree stands, nails, ornaments, garland, lights, etc.
Residents with questions can contact customer service at 480-782-2000. Or you can visit the Chandler’s website here.
Gilbert Recycling Locations Until January 10, 2021:
- Hetchler Park 4260 S. Greenfield Road, Gilbert, AZ 85297 Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nichols Park 700 N. Higley Road, Gilbert, AZ 85234 Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- A to Z Rentals 1313 E. Baseline Road, Gilbert, AZ 85233 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. *Closed Sundays & January 1st, 2021
Glendale Recycling Locations Until January 17, 2020:
- West Chandler Park, 250 S. Kyrene Rd.
- Desert Breeze Park, 660 N. Desert Breeze Blvd. E.
- Arrowhead Meadows Park, 1475 W. Erie St.
- Shawnee Park, 1400 W. Mesquite St.
- Pima Park, 625 N. McQueen Rd.
- Folley Park, 601 E. Frye Rd.
- Chuparosa Park, 2400 S. Dobson Rd.
- Snedigar Sportsplex, 4625 S. Alma School Rd.
- Tumbleweed Park, 2250 S. McQueen Rd.
- Veterans Oasis Park, 4050 E Chandler Heights Rd.
- Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center, 955 E. Queen Creek Rd. (closed Tue/Wed)
Glendale residents have curbside collection available to residents paying for City-provided solid waste services. Residents must place tree at edge of driveway (not in the street) before 6 am on your scheduled recycling collection day.
- Do not block sidewalk for pedestrian use
- Do not place the tree in street or alley ways
- Do not place tree in a recycling, trash or alley containers
- Do not place tree in bags
- Do remove tree stands, nails, ornaments, garland, lights, etc.
If you have any questions, contact customer service at 818-548-3916. Or you can visit Glendale’s website here.
Mesa Recycling Locations Until January 17, 2020:
- Dobson Ranch Park, 2363 S. Dobson Rd.
- East Mesa Service Center, 6935 E. Decatur St.
- Fitch Park, 651 N. Center St. (enter off of 8th St.)
- Mountain View Park, 845 N. Lindsay Rd. (enter off of Adobe St.)
- Superstition Springs Police/Fire Station, 2430 S. Ellsworth Rd.
Mesa residents have curbside pick-up available. The cost is $23.04. Call 480-644-6789 to arrange.
Surprise Recycling Locations Until January 10, 2021:
- Bi-Centennial Park 16705 N. Nash St. (south end of the parking lot)
- Surprise Recreation Campus/ Youth Baseball Complex 15795 N. Parkview Place (across from Valley Vista High School)
- Dick McComb Softball Park 17894 Westpark Blvd (parking lot on corner of 180th Ave & Westpark)
- Asante Community Park 16763 W Vereda Solana Dr
If you have any questions, contact customer service at 623-222-6000. Or you can visit Glendale’s website here.
Tempe Recycling Locations Until January 31, 2021:
- Compost Yard, North Rio Road Tempe, AZ 85281 (Intersection of Hardy Drive and Rio Salado Parkway)
- Kiwanis Park Recreation Center, 6111 W. All-America Way (parking lot on west side)
If you have any questions, contact customer service at 480-350-4311. Or you can visit the city of Phoenix website here.
Tucson/Oro Valley Recycling Locations:
TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley.
-Remove everything from the tree, including the stand, lights, ornaments, wire, and tinsel.
For more Information, visit TreeCycle Poster
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, seven days a week:
- Oro Valley Naranja Park, 810 W. Naranja Dr.
- Tank’s Speedway Recycling & Landfill Facility, 7301 E Speedway (turn north on Prudence Rd., Open Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Golf Links Sports Park, 2400 S. Craycroft Rd.
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, on 3rd Ave. (3rd Ave North of Irvington Rd.)
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd. (Entrance is at intersection of Craycroft Rd. & Los Reales Rd., follow signs; Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Tank’s Ina Land Reclamation Facility, 5300 W Ina Rd. (1/4 mile west of I-10, Open Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Purple Heart Park, 10050 E. Rita Rd.
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, (Southeast corner of parking lot)
Flagstaff Christmas Tree Pick-Up:
Single-family residents can recycle their Christmas tree by placing it on the curb for collection by 6 am on January 6 through 10. Collection will occur throughout the week. Residents who live in multi-family housing recycle their tree by taking it to one of the following locations:
- Old Public Works Yard:
419 N Mogollon Street
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
- Continental Little League Field:
5700 E Old Walnut Canyon Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
New Location for Yuma Recycling of Holiday Trees
The annual City of Yuma program offering a drop-off site for those who wish to recycle their natural Christmas trees has a new location this year.
Christmas tree recycling will move to the lot northwest of the Yuma Civic Center, behind Desert Sun Tennis Courts. Motorists should use Desert Sun Drive for inbound traffic and Desert Hills Drive for outbound traffic.
Hours for the Christmas Tree Recycling Program are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays Dec. 28 through Jan. 8, 2021, with the exception of New Year’s Day.
-Remove all lights, ornaments, and tinsel before dropping off the tree.
-Artificial trees will not be accepted.
For further information on the City’s Christmas tree recycling program, residents may call 928-373-4504.
City residents who miss the final day for dropping off natural trees at the City site may drop off trees at Yuma County’s North Gila Transfer Site, Avenue 7E at County 5th Street, weekdays through Jan. 31. Regarding use of this site only, residents may call 928-341-2500.