The Easter Bunny is ready to be part of your family’s holiday photos in a safe and socially distanced way.
While some picture-taking events will feature the Easter Bunny in person, there will also be online events that involve downloading your photo and adding the bunny virtually. We’ve rounded up some of the top 2021 Easter Bunny picture locations and events throughout metro Phoenix, both in person and online.
For the in-person events, advance registration is typically required and COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place, including masks and social distancing. Please check the website of the event you plan to attend for more information before you head out.
Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s
Through April 4, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s stores are offering photos with the Easter Bunny. One 4×6 photo is free; packages are available for purchase. COVID-19 safety protocols will be in effect. Reservations are required; go to https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/easter or https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/easter.
Details: Bass Pro Shops, 1133 N. Dobson Road, Mesa. Cabela’s, 9380 W. Glendale Ave., Glendale.
Buckeye: Digital bunny photos
Buckeye is offering free make-your-own digital Easter Bunny photos through March 28. Register online, submit your photo and select the layout you want. You’ll get your photo back via email by April 1. The city is also offering Hip-Hop goodie baskets for sale and delivery ($10 for residents) and an Egg-cellent Adventure Hunt through April 5 that involves solving riddles at two Buckeye parks.
Bunny Magic at the mall
In lieu of in-person photos this year, some local malls have opted for the Bunny Magic virtual photo experience through April 4. You can create a festive photo with the Easter Bunny from home. Just upload a picture and follow the instructions. There are 18 photo themes from which to choose, including pet options. Cost is $19.99. These malls are offering Bunny Magic:
- Arrowhead Towne Center, 7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale. https://www.arrowheadtownecenter.com.
- Chandler Fashion Center, 3111 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler.
- Paradise Valley Mall, 4568 E. Cactus Road, Phoenix. https://www.theparadisevalleymall.com.
- SanTan Village, 2218 E. Williams Field Road, Gilbert. https://www.shopsantanvillage.com.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square, 7014 E. Camelback Road, Scottsdale. https://www.fashionsquare.com.
- Superstition Springs Center, 6555 E. Southern Ave., Mesa. https://www.superstitionsprings.com.
Easter Bunny at Arizona Mills
The Easter Bunny is at Arizona Mills and ready to take photos with kids in a socially distanced way. Reservations and masks are required; check the website for more information.
Details: Noon-7 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, noon-6 p.m. Sundays through . Arizona Mills, 5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, Tempe. Photo packages start at $34.99. https://www.simon.com/mall/arizona-mills.
Surprise Spring Eggstravaganza
Surprise is planning six days of Easter-related fun March 29-April 3. Daily events, many of them online, and weeklong contests are taking place, along with two in-person events that will feature Mr. and Mrs. Bunny ready for their close-ups. Both events are limited capacity and COVID-19 precautions will be enforced. Here’s the schedule:
- Cookies & Crafts with Mrs. Bunny, 10-11 a.m. or 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Saturday, April 3. Sierra Montana Recreation Center, 14861 N. Spring Lane, Surprise. $5 for Surprise residents, $10 for nonresidents.
- Splash & Dash Egg Hunt, 1-2:30 p.m. or 2:45-4:15 p.m. Saturday, April 3. Surprise Aquatic Center, 15831 N. Bullard Ave. $5. Registration is required at https://secure.rec1.com/AZ/surprise-community-rec/catalog.
Details: For all the events, see https://www.surpriseaz.gov/3858/Spring-Eggstravaganza.
Easter Bunny at Scottsdale Quarter
The Easter Bunny will be available for a digital photo shoot and meet-and-greet at the Princess Experience Studio in The Quad. Timed and dated tickets must be purchased ahead of time online. There will be a free Hide and Peep scavenger hunt in The Quad on April 3 that includes searching for colorful eggs, music, hand painting (instead of face painting), and balloon animals. Pre-registration is required to secure an Easter bag filled with treats.
Details: Easter Bunny photos are 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and noon-5 p.m. Sundays through April 3. Princess Experience Studio in The Quad at Scottsdale Quarter, 15059 N. Scottsdale Road. $40. https://bit.ly/2ORsbEZ. Hide & Peep Scavenger Hunt is 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 3. The Quad at Scottsdale Quarter. Free. https://www.eventbrite.com.