An expansive 85,000 square-foot indoor waterpark is set to open this year in Scottsdale and we have just learned it feature 13 slides, pools and a whole lot more family fun!
Careening down slides, bouncing in the surf, gathering underneath a giant bucket as a thousand gallons of water prepares to pour down – families will experience this joy, and much more water-filled fun inside the 85,000 square-foot indoor waterpark at the new Great Wolf Lodge Arizona. With the temperature set to a cozy 84-degrees year-round, the indoor waterpark facility will offer weatherproof family fun for every age and excitement level.
The Great Wolf Lodge recently released the first details about the waterpark and the slides and attractions that will be offered inside the nearly two acres of water-fun at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona. The line-up of waterpark experiences includes:
- Talking Stick Treehouse: Great Wolf Lodge’s signature, multi-level water play structure featuring suspension bridges, slides, spray stations and other water elements. Atop of Talking Stick Treehouse sits a massive, 1,000 gallon tipping bucket that pours out every three-to-four minutes, to the glee of the guests waiting below. Attached to the play structure are five water slides, two that originate from the top of the structure for more adventurous young ones and three at a lower-level for more of the toddler set.
- Wolf Tail: A thrill-seekers delight. Guests step into a launch pod and listen to the rhythmic sound of a heartbeat as they wait for the floor to drop out from underneath, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop.
- Howlin’ Tornado: An exhilarating family raft-ride that sends guests down a steep 15-foot drop and into a massive funnel. It’s called the tornado because the raft twists and swirls as it careens up one side of giant funnel to the next, while guests howl with joy.
- Alberta Falls: This one or two-person tube slide features drops, chutes and serpentine 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves. It’s the perfect slide for parents and kids to enjoy together, or for siblings to have fun racing each other to the bottom.
- River Canyon Run: A rollicking family raft ride that sends up to four riders on a white-water adventure down one of the park’s longest slides. With no steep drops, this is the perfect slide for parents and the kids to enjoy together.
- Slap Tail Pond: A family favorite. The audio cue of a howling wolf brings this gigantic wave pool to life with waves reaching up to three feet in height. The active surf rolls through every five minutes, to the giggling delight of the children in the pool.
- Crooked Creek: A reprieve from the more active attractions in the waterpark, guests can relax and float on tubes down this winding lazy river located in the middle of the park.
- Chinook Cove: Our activity pool featuring basketball hoops, floating obstacles and other more action oriented elements for children.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenge where kids and adults alike balance on floating logs and lily pads while traversing the pool. Cargo netting hangs down to help guests cross from one side to the other.
- Whooping Hollow: A special section of the waterpark designed exclusively for toddlers and younger guests. This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides featuring gentle slopes and tiny turns, making them the go-to attractions for the “under 42 inch” set. Adjacent is a zero-depth entry pool with water fountain features and spray-and-play adventures.
The resort will also feature an oversized outdoor resort pool so families can take advantage of the favorable Arizona weather. Near the outdoor pool, Great Wolf Lodge will offer an adult-only oasis with relaxing chaise lounge chairs and a private hot tub for parents to enjoy.
An overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona includes two days of indoor water park enjoyment – with access starting after 1pm on check-in day and the ability to stay until park close on the day of check-out. Standard rates start at $179.99 per night.
To celebrate the upcoming grand opening, Great Wolf Lodge created a special discount offer of up to 30 percent off standard rates for stays through March 5, 2020. Guests must reserve their suite before May 1, 2019, to qualify for the offer, and can book by visiting greatwolf.com or by calling 1-888-960-WOLF (9653) and using the promo code, “GRAND.”* Great Wolf Lodge Arizona is scheduled to open on Oct. 17, 2019.
Great Wolf Lodge Arizona sits on 18 acres adjacent to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, located within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community’s Talking Stick Entertainment District. For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.