Want to visit the state’s national parks this coming year for free? The National Park Service is offering visitors five “entrance fee-free” days for 2022.
The offering of free admission days are targeted to encourage visitors to discover different national parks across the country.
The following is a list of free entrance dates for 2022:
- Monday, January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Saturday, April 16 – First Day of National Park Week
- Thursday, August 4 – Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- Saturday, September 24 – National Public Lands Day
- Friday, November 11 – Veterans Day
“National parks are for everyone and we are committed to increasing access and providing opportunities for all to experience the sense of wonder, awe, and refreshment that comes with a visit to these treasured landscapes and sites,” said Chuck Sams, National Park Service director.
National Park Service officials estimate that in 2020, 237 million people visited the national parks and spent $14.5 billion in local communities. This supported 234,000 jobs across the country and made $28.6 billion impact on the economy.