A Chandler mom has been arrested and is facing charges in the overdose death of her 15-year-old son.
In April, the Chandler Police Department responded to a home near Chandler Boulevard and Gilbert Road for reports of a person not breathing.
Jamie Barrett met officers and reported her teen son was not breathing and was foaming at the mouth.
Her son was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Police suspected the teen may have died from an overdose. Officials said Barrett informed them that the marijuana vape pens her son used were possibly laced with Fentanyl.
During an investigation, police reviewed cell phone records between the mother and son that indicated she attempted to have her son purchase Fentanyl pills, referred to as “blues,” and actually offered to give him one.
On August 10, the Maricopa County Medical Examiner informed Chandler PD that the 15-year-old died from the toxic effects of Fentanyl.
The following day, Barrett was arrested and booked into the Maricopa County Jail for one count of child abuse.
Police say Barrett was an active drug user and involved her son to help her get drugs by offering him Fentanyl in return.