Officials with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department (PCSD) recently announced they are searching for a man who allegedly kidnapped a 7-year-old girl.
Sheriff deputies responded on October 7 around 2:30 p.m. to calls of a distressed 7-year-old-child near the 8600 block of South Nogales Highway.
Once PCSD arrived on scene and spoke with the child she reported that she had been abducted near her home and taken by a man in a vehicle. She said she was released a short time later.
Reports stated that the child was not injured.
Officials have released the suspect’s description:
- Hispanic male, heavy set, patchy beard, and a dark complexion
- Tattoo on the back and a tattoo of a tiger with “sharp sticks” on the forearm (possibly the right forearm)
- Was last seen wearing all black with a white and black hat
- Suspect spoke both English and Spanish
The suspect vehicle:
- Older two-door pickup metallic in color, possible grey/primer or metallic gold
- The vehicle had damage, no tint on the windows, and a black interior
Detectives are if anyone with information about this incident call 9-1-1 immediately.