LPGA*USGA Girls Golf of Phoenix will host Girls Golf Day at Papago Golf Course to celebrate the City of Phoenix’s official proclamation of Saturday, October 5th as “Girls Golf Day.” In its fifth year, the daylong activities are open to girls of all abilities, ages 3-18. Families and friends are also welcome.
“Girls Golf Day is the largest-attended event we host all year,” said Cori Matheson, director of LPGA*USGA Girls Golf Phoenix. “We have another great day planned for this year with the tournament, expo, Game Changer session and Girl Power Panel. A few of the offerings do require RSVPs and fees, but there also are free opportunities. It’s an easy, fun and inexpensive way to get girls started in a game and an empowering lifestyle they can enjoy all their lives.”
Schedule of Events
- 7:30 AM: Tournament Starting Times Begin – Casual/competitive tournament for course-ready girls ages 3-18 with 18-, 9-, 6-, 3- and 1-hole divisions. Register by Sept 30, $40 Girls Golf of Phoenix membership and entry fee ($18-$40 depending on division) are required. Visit https://www.girlsgolfofphoenix.org/membership to become a member, and register for the tournament here: girlsgolfofphoenix.org/girlsgolfday.
- 12-1:30 PM: Game Changer – Guided practice session hosted by PING, The First Tee of Phoenix, and PGA/LPGA Professionals; RSVP online by 10/2, and a $5 fee is required: girlsgolfofphoenix.org/girlsgolfday.
- 11 AM – 2 PM: Vendor Showcase features Girls Golf of Phoenix local partners, brands, goodies and games. This portion of the day is open to everyone free of charge; family and friends are welcome.
- 11 AM – 3 PM: Silent Auction, Raffles and Giveaways, Family Fun, Girl Time, Social Time, Dancing & Fun: Engage with Studio 8 Event Entertainment, Birdie Ball Golf Games, Sweet Treats and more. Girls Golf of Phoenix is a 501c3 non-profit of Junior Golf Association of Arizona. This also is an opportunity to give back to a program that enriches our community.
- 2 PM: Girls Power Panel featuring special guests from the local Phoenix area women’s golf community and tournament awards ceremony. Open to everyone free of charge; family and friends are welcome.
About Girls Golf of Phoenix
Supported by the LPGA and USGA, The Girls Golf of Phoenix’s mission is to “Empower, Engage, Enrich and Energize Girls” through year-round golf programming that builds confidence, while offering a fun, safe, and competitive athletic environment. Nationally recognized local golf professional, Sandy LaBauve, started Girls Golf (international program) in Phoenix 30 years ago, and with the leadership of current director, Cori Matheson, the organization is thriving. Girls Golf of Phoenix is a 501(c)(3) subsidiary of The Junior Golf Association of Arizona, which is funded primarily through local Phoenix-based grants. For more information, visit http://www.girlsgolfofphoenix.org, or contact Cori Matheson [email protected], 602-418-2888.
About the JGAA
Girls Golf of Phoenix is a program within The Junior Golf Association of Arizona, which is a 501(c)(3) organization with the mission to educate, motivate and inspire Arizona’s youth through golf and all of the valuable lessons and life skills inherent to the game. For more information JGAA, visit www.jgaa.org or call 602-944-6168.