The FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force, with assistance from the Phoenix Police Department, arrested Scott David Williams, 59, who was taken into custody Aug. 28 in connection with the string of robberies that allegedly began June 26.
Williams now faces charges in connection with seven bank robberies throughout Arizona.
Williams was said to mostly target banks in the West Valley, hitting four Chase locations, two credit unions, and a West Valley National Bank location.
The following is a list of dates and cities of the alleged robberies:
- June 26, 2020, Deer Valley Credit Union, 15613 West Bell Road in Surprise, Arizona
- July 17, 2020, Chase Bank,10116 West Bell Road in Sun City, Arizona
- July 27, 2020, Chase Bank, 8280 West Lake Pleasant Parkway in Peoria, Arizona
- August 6, 2020, Desert Financial Credit Union, 10725 West Grand Avenue in Sun City, Arizona
- August 6, 2020, Chase Bank, 9028 West Northern Avenue in Peoria, Arizona
- August 17, 2020, West Valley National Bank, 2440 North Litchfield Road in Goodyear, Arizona
- August 28, 2020, Chase Bank, 34630 North Valley Parkway, in Phoenix, Arizona
No one was physically injured during the bank robberies. In each instance, the suspect approached the victim teller and verbally demanded money.
The FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force credits the Goodyear Police Department and Phoenix Police Department for their outstanding work on this case along with the Arizona Department of Public Safety laboratory, the Surprise Police Department, Peoria Police Department, and Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
The FBI Violent Crime Task Force is comprised of the Phoenix Police Department, Peoria Police Department, Scottsdale Police Department, Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office FATE team, Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, and the FBI.