With Phoenix under an extreme heat advisory plus the fact that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, it can be hard to find a place where you can escape to cool off.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises businesses that run pools not to allow “nonessential visitors” into their pools. Due to that advice, you’ll find it difficult to get a hotel pool day pass this summer.
Difficult, but not impossible. You don’t necessarily have to book an overnight stay. The new buzzword for Summer 2020 is “daycation”. For a fee, you get access to a hotel’s amenities for the day without spending the night.
Several Phoenix and Scottsdale hotels are offering pool admission if you buy a day pass, spa pass or rent a cabana. Some are even letting you rent a room for a few hours if you need to take that Zoom call before you jump in the pool.
Your best bet for getting pool access is by going through Resort Pass. You can use the pool, spa or a cabana for a day, and rates are $10-$65. Some of the most popular hotels in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tucson are participating:
- Arizona Grand Resort Resort and Spa in Phoenix.
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix.
- Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Bungalows.
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch.
- Royal Palms Resort and Spa.
- The Wigwam in Litchfield Park.
- Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain in Marana.
- Omni Tucson National Resort.
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass.
The website Dayuse lets you book a hotel room for a few hours during the day. Most reservations allow you to take advantage of all the amenities overnight guests enjoy. Just check the fine print to make sure the hotel you are booking isn’t an exception.
Just remember to bring a mask and hand sanitizer and to always social distance from others…. Don’t forget your sunscreen either!