Barrett-Jackson Postpones 2021 Scottsdale Auction

Barrett-Jackson announced this week plans to postpone their 2021 car auction in Scottsdale. The annual event which typically draws thousands of people made the choice to push the date back over concerns surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

In a press release, the company said the event was scheduled to be held Jan. 16-23, 2021 at WestWorld of Scottsdale. The auction will now be held during the week of March 22 with specific dates to be announced later.

“While every indication showed that our bidders, consignors and sponsors were behind our efforts to hold our auction next month, we decided it would be prudent at this time to safeguard everyone’s health,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson, in a statement. “We determined that moving our event to March 2021 seemed like the right thing to do to avoid the coronavirus spike that is currently being predicted.”

“We appreciate the support we have received from the City of Scottsdale and State of Arizona regarding this decision. We were widely praised for the safety protocols we put in place for our recent fall auction, and we want to be able to provide customers and fans the same safe environment and great Barrett-Jackson experience during our Scottsdale auction this spring,” he said.

Earlier this year, Barrett-Jackson, canceled their Las Vegas, Nevada and Palm Beach, Florida  auctions because of the pandemic. The organizers held a smaller, invite-only auction in October at WestWorld of Scottsdale.

This week also brought news that the Arizona Renaissance Festival cancelled their 2021 spring event, In addition, the Phoenix Suns announced they would start their 2020-2021 season without fans in the arena, due to the pandemic and the increase in cases in Arizona and across the country.

As of now the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, scheduled for December, and the Fiesta Bowl in January will be played with limited fans, tickets reserved for player’s families.

Other Arizona events that have canceled their 2021 plans include the Great Canadian Picnic in Phoenix, the Innings Festival in Tempe, the Chinese Culture & Cuisine Festival, and the Matsuri Festival of Japan.

Currently, events larger than 50 people are technically prohibited in Arizona, part of an executive order issued by Gov. Doug Ducey to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. However, cities, towns, and the Arizona Department of Health Services can approve events as long as COVID-19 prevention measures are in place.

Those who had tickets for the January Barrett-Jackson event can transfer them to the March event or refunds would also be available.

 


Subscribe for Updates!

Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.