On Tuesday, March 2, 2021, the Phoenix Police Department with assistance from the FBI Violent Crimes Task Force arrested Jeffrey Patterson, 45, without incident following a bank robbery at Chase Bank, 17140 North Cave Creek Road in Phoenix. Patterson faces charges in connection with six bank robberies throughout Arizona, including:
- February 4, 2021, Wells Fargo Bank, 15760 North Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard, Scottsdale, Arizona
- February 10, 2021, Chase Bank, 13602 North 7th Street, Phoenix, Arizona
- February 16, 2021, Chase Bank, 4714 South Rural Road, Tempe, Arizona
- February 18, 2021, Wells Fargo Bank, 1004 West Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, Arizona
- February 19, 2021, National Bank of Arizona, 5360 North La Cholla Boulevard, Tucson, Arizona
- March 2, 2021, Chase Bank, 17140 North Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, Arizona
In each instance, Patterson would enter a bank, contact an open teller, demand money, and flee on foot.
No one was physically injured during the bank robberies.
The FBI’s Violent Crimes Task Force thanked the efforts of the Phoenix Police Department for their outstanding work on this case, along with Scottsdale Police Department, Tempe Police Department, Chandler Police Department, Pima County Sheriff’s Department, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office District of Arizona.