The Arizona Department of Health Services has issued a recall for recently sold marijuana products. Multiple Arizona marijuana establishments and dispensaries are initiating a voluntary recall of specific marijuana products due to possible contamination with salmonella or mold.
Currently no illnesses have been reported and the recall is being made out of caution.
- Harvest Platinum, 14g Pre Pack Indica Flower (Glazed Apricot Gelato)
- Harvest Platinum, 14g Pre Pack Sativa Flower (Tiger Haze)
- Modern Flower, 3.5g Pre Pack Indica Flower (Orange Acai)
- Sol Flower Dispensaries and Establishments, Tahiti Lime
- EHF (Elephant Head Farms), HAT Trick #17 Flower
- Mohave Cannabis, Preroll
- Tru Infusion Flower, Caked Up Cherries
- The Pharm, Chemistry #1 (HD 3/24/21)
Experts say consumers who have purchased potentially contaminated products should not ingest, inhale, or consume them and should dispose of them.
Officials say if you have already consumed any of the products and have any of the symptoms described below, please contact your healthcare provider or seek emergency care.
SYMPTOMS OF SALMONELLA:
- Diarrhea (that can be bloody)
- Stomach cramps
- Some people may also have nausea, vomiting, or a headache.
Symptoms will start within six hours to six days after infection and last four to seven days. Ingestion can also happen inadvertently after handling Salmonella-contaminated products.
Officials say consumers with any questions should contact the establishment or dispensary where they purchased the affected products.