Thanksgiving Food Drives To Be Held By Two Phoenix-Based Charities
Home Thanksgiving Food Drives To Be Held By Two PhoenixBased Charities
November 9, 2018
In order to provide more families with the opportunity to experience a traditional Thanksgiving meal, two charities in the Valley are putting an emphasis on collecting turkeys to benefit the cause.
Leading up to Thanksgiving, food drives will be held by the Phoenix Rescue Mission and St. Mary’s Food Bank.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, the Phoenix Rescue Mission aspires to collect 1,000 frozen turkeys. The collection will take place at the mission’s Community Solutions Center, located at 1801 S. 35th Ave.
Those that donate a turkey will be able to take a tour of the facility, and will also be treated to a free barbeque lunch and live music.
For those unable to attend Saturday’s event, food and supplies will be accepted at the facility from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on a daily basis to benefit the homeless population in Phoenix. Suggested items and additional drop-off locations can be found through the mission’s website.
The Phoenix Rescue Mission will then deliver food boxes with turkeys and other Thanksgiving dinner supplies to families living in poverty on Nov. 17.
As part of its 12th annual Super Saturday Turkey Drive, the St. Mary’s Food Bank hopes to collect 7,000 turkeys on Nov. 17, along with additional Thanksgiving dinner items. The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the St. Mary’s Food Bank locations in Phoenix and Surprise, along with 28 Albertson’s and Safeway stores around the Valley and in Flagstaff.
The food bank recently announced in a press release that they are currently behind schedule in order to reach their goal of serving over 11,000 families for Thanksgiving.
“If you have supported this incredible effort in the past we ask that you remember those in need and donate a turkey to ensure Arizona families will be able to have the comfort of a traditional Thanksgiving meal with their loved ones,” St. Mary’s spokesman Jerry Brown said in the press release.
Below is a list of locations participating in the Nov. 17 drive:
St. Mary’s Food Bank
- 2831 N. 31st Ave., Phoenix
- 13050 W. Elm St., Surprise
- 5040 W. Cactus Road, Glendale
- 8035 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix
- 2785 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale
- 6965 N. Hayden Road, Scottsdale
- 10665 N. Tatum Blvd., Phoenix
- 8950 W. Bell Road, Peoria
- 18411 N. Cave Creek Road, Phoenix
- 8240 W. Deer Valley Road, Peoria
- 3130 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix
- 21001 N. Tatum Blvd., Phoenix
- 12970 W. Indian School Road, Litchfield Park
- 520 W. Osborn Road, Phoenix
- 10926 W. Bell Road, Sun City
- 4747 E. Elliot Road, Phoenix
- 4005 E. Chandler Blvd., Phoenix
- 1500 E. Cedar Ave., Flagstaff
- 23565 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale
- 13733 Fountain Hills Blvd., Fountain Hills
- 20901 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale
- 6501 E. Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale
- 13440 N. Seventh St., Phoenix
- 10773 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale
- 3132 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- 13503 Camino del Sol, Sun City West
- 4750 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
- 14175 W. Indian School Road, Goodyear
- 10641 W. Olive Ave., Peoria
- 3655 W. Anthem Way, Anthem